Powered by Blogger.

The Things I Took For Granted...

>> Friday, May 18, 2012

Turns out that before I was a mother, I took a whole lot of things for granted.


In fact, I realized that there is a long list of things that I most definitely won't take for granted again.

-Sleep.
-Not just sleep, but sleeping in. (I can't believe I'd stay up all hours of the night and get to sleep in until almost noon!)
-Silence.
-The ability to shower whenever I wanted for however long I wanted.
-Sleep. Oh, beloved sleep.
-Getting something to eat and not having to share it.
-Being able to make a "quick trip to the store".
-Going to the bathroom in peace/without an audience.
-Adult conversation.
-A clutter free car.
-Napping.
-Deciding at the last minute to go on a date with my husband.
-Only having to buy one or two plane tickets.
-Sleep.
-My body.
-Washing my hair.
-Only having to make one dinner per night.
-Free time.
-The ability to have children.
-A clean house.
-Sleep.
-Clean clothes.

But given the choice, I'd give up all of these things again without a second thought for my sweet kids! I just won't take them for granted anymore. What would be on your list?

Pin It

5 comments:

Caskey Crew May 18, 2012 at 6:19 AM  

agreed! I would add being able to go for a run, 'enjoying' eating out, dates at 1/2 the price (babysitter), and SLEEP ;)

aniC,  May 18, 2012 at 6:46 AM  

Yes!! Those are all things I should have added to the list! Especially the 'enjoying' eating out and sleep ones.

aniC,  May 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM  

And I should have added "personal space" as I was reminded this morning as my kids were crawling all over me.

Caskey Crew May 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM  

anything free of pen marks? lack of carpet stains? watching a movie that isn't made by disney??? my favorites in your list were the "bathroom without an audience!" so true, and very importantly, the ability to have children.

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP