Powered by Blogger.

Take time for yourself

>> Monday, September 26, 2011

After having my son 3 years ago, I was doing well until a few months in. When I finally opened up to others about thinking I had post partum depression, I got some great advice from my mom.


Take time for yourself. She told me to get out of the house at least once a week alone. Grocery shop, aimlessly walk the aisles of Target, go to the gym...SOMETHING.

Being a mother is great, but it's a 24/7 job, and we all need to have a little break. Those little breaks are what can help rejuvenate us so that we can handle everything that motherhood throws at us. I have learned that those breaks are a necessity for me and there is no reason to feel guilty about it.

Last week we sold a house, bought a house, moved, and then the very next day my husband left for 3 days. I was looking forward to him getting back so I could just get out and have my weekly break. Unfortunately with all we have going on with getting our new house together, it never happened. So I am going to make sure I get my break this week (maybe two breaks to make up for the one I didn't get last week).

So here is your reminder to make sure you take a little time for yourself this week and every week to follow. Don't fight me on this one, just do it!!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP