Powered by Blogger.

Kids clothes for less

>> Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a slight addiction to shopping. And by "slight addiction" I mean I'd shop every day if I could. And if you take that slight addiction to shopping and add a toddler and a baby to the mix, I have the opportunity to spend a whole lot of money very easily.

Luckily, (or unluckily, depending on the point of view) when I was pregnant with my son, one of my sisters gave me loads upon loads of clothes that her son had grown out of. I'm pretty sure my husband feels like he owes my sister a kidney because of all the money that saved us. I could very easily have clothed my son with out buying him much of anything for the first 2 years of his life.

When we found out that I was pregnant with baby #2 my husband was scared.

He was scared we'd have a girl, for 2 reasons.
1. He knows me and my love of shopping and how much I love little girl clothes and 2. There was no one around to give us loads and loads of girls clothes to keep my shopping at a minimum.


Up until the day we found out it was a girl, he was hoping with ever fiber of his being that we would have another boy so that I couldn't go shopping for girl clothes. Poor guy wasn't sure what to do when the ultrasound tech said that she was almost certain it was a girl.

So thank goodness for all of us that a friend told me about an amazing consignment store close by. Having a baby is expensive enough with all the things that babies need and how quickly they grow out of clothes. The first time I went to this consignment store to buy clothes for our daughter I spent about $40 on about 25 outfits!!! And because this place is so picky about the clothes they accept (no tears, stains, fading) everything I got looked new/practically new. I get compliments all the time about how cute my kids clothes are, which makes me feel great knowing that I can spend so little outfitting them and they still look so great. Not to mention the added bonus of consigning and getting a percentage of the sell price so that I can buy even more clothes!


Want to check out a thrift or consignment store near you but don't know where they are?? Here is an amazing website you can use to look up resale, second-hand, thrift, or consignment shops.

Pin It

1 comments:

Jess June 2, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

I enjoy a good second-hand, thrift, consignment store. Thank you for the link!

Post a Comment

this blog designed by:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP